Saturday, October 25, 2008

A week of craziness




So this week was pretty wild! Lauren had her 5th birthday, I got pretty sick and ended up in the hospital and all the while, my dear husband is fufilling his Coast Guard duty in Tacoma!!!




I landed myself in the ER on Tuesday with a resting heart rate of 136! It was pretty uncomfortable. I proceeded to get flu-like symptoms and a rash on my left eye! I feel like my body is rejecting itself. Not sure how that is possible, but that's what it feels like.




So this story is pretty ironic...I'm lying on the hospital bed in the ER, just across the hall from the dispatch center where all the calls come in as ambulance drivers are bringing in patients. There were some fairly interesting calls. One came in carrying a 69 year-old woman complaining of chest pains. I could report lots of details, but will refrain and get to the good part. She ended up having to be SHOCKED with the paddles and the whole shabang! Immediately after being shocked, her heart rate went down to around 80 (mine was still in the upper 120s) and when she came in it was at 175. They let her go HOME before I did. She didn't get admitted, she went home. That seems amazing to me that they wouldn't keep her for observation or anything. What a crazy ride!




My in-laws were terrific and took the girls most of the week so I could get over whatever it was that was knocking me out. My church friends were great with calls to check up. It's great to be so plugged in to a community of Christians who care so much about one another. I just love it. They are my family too!




Anyway, it's been a pretty interesting week, still not sure why my heart rate is elevated (currently around 100 or so) but trusting God that He knows best and my family will be provided for.




Thanks for the prayers!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Tina,

K and M told me you were looking for me. Found your blog through Heather's. Good to see you on the web...

Stacy said...

Mom found you too. Leave me a comment on my blog with your email and I'll email you her email...how's that for confusing.